Login as a User

anyone else have a prob with suboxone

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Suboxone
  4. >
  5. anyone else have a prob with suboxone

Asked: 2019-09-23 00:53:23

I've heard a lot of good and bad things about suboxone but you know, that's what happens when you take any medication these days. I mean this stuff like most medications come with a bunch of side effects and even long term ones, so I was wondering if there was other stuff about anyone else who might have an issue with this suboxone stuff? Especially since a bunch of doctors are always saying how addicts should take it for over a year or longer. It seems a little iffy to me. Thanks so much for any comments since I want to see if this is something my son should be taking when he goes into treatment soon.

Answered: 2019-09-25 00:59:07

I think most people don't want people to rely on it long-term like a lot of doctors want their patients to do. It might make them addicted to it and some don't think it's effective in treating addiction on a long-term basis.

Answered: 2019-09-23 18:07:59

There are some people who say that this suboxone stuff isn't good enough to use full time and all that stuff. yet, a lot of doctors prescribe it for a long time for some of their patients. They tell them it will help them and help prevent relapses and all that. But then a lot of others, even doctors, say that it won't help addicts recover from addiction if they continue taking it full-time.

Answered: 2019-09-24 10:34:59

It might not be something an addict should use long-term since it doesn't heal your brain chemistry like some doctors might claim to their patients. It might help them short-term, but doctors are prescribing a narcotic to their addicted patients. It won't heal their brain or addiction, it will only make their addiction worse since they could become addicted to suboxone. This is why therapy plays such a crucial role in recovery since it could help you get off of suboxone faster.

Answered: 2019-09-23 05:07:35

Maybe you should figure this out on your own next time since I do my own research, but I already know this answer so I will answer it for you. Apparently, some, even some doctors, think it can be bad to use suboxone long-term for addiction. I guess you should probably talk about it with your doctor though.

Answered: 2019-09-23 09:13:42

Some doctors say this suboxone stuff can help heal your brain chemistry if you take it long enough. But others say that it doesn't and it will only make your addiction worse by relying on a narcotic to keep you off the drug you are addicted to. So, some people do have a problem with this stuff being a long-term medication.

We want to listen to your answers