Login as a User

are suboxone wrappers traceable

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Suboxone
  4. >
  5. are suboxone wrappers traceable

Asked: 2019-08-06 00:10:40

a friend of mine told me that suboxone wrappers have barcodes on them so that they can be traced back to you. Is that true? Should I worry about this?

Answered: 2019-08-06 10:34:21

not traceable and even so, who cares if you're actually taking the medicine correctly?

Answered: 2019-08-06 06:58:38

technically, the barcodes can be traced back to the pharmacy that dispensed them which could lead back to you. However, chances are no one is tracing them--especially if you aren't selling or giving them away.

Answered: 2019-08-06 03:48:19

they're about as traceable as the barcode on the back of your coke. It may tell you where the drug came from but that’s about it.

Answered: 2019-08-07 03:59:24

they are for sure traceable and all someone has to do is find one and they know exactly who it belongs to and where you live. Also, you can get in trouble for buying/selling suboxone…

Answered: 2019-08-07 09:49:41

I would be sure to dispose of the wrappers in proper trash bins just to be safe. I doubt the average person has the ability or tools to read the barcode, but if you're concerned about personal information, shred it.

Answered: 2021-09-04 22:55:34

First off I don't believe the person that says all someone has to do is scan the codes on the package to find out who they belong to and where you live. That would imply that the packages are printed with barcodes at the factory that when scanned (Say with a phone on your app) brings up your name and address. However they do contain numbers that the FDA can use to trace them back to the pharmacy they came from and the Pharmacy could trace what prescription got some or all of those strips (they come in boxes of 30 when delivered to the pharmacy). Scanning the QR code and the barcode on the wrapper of my generic suboxone strips (Dr Reddy's brand) shows that both have different numbers. I haver zero doubt that those numbers could be used to trace the package to the pharmacy it came from and the pharmacy could then trace to whose prescriptions those strips were given out on. If you get 30 or more per month then chances are a entire box can be traced to you and you alone by law enforcement. Since I get 60 per month my pharmacy just gives me two boxes since each contains 30 strips. Can't see any other reason for them being there. I've checked and the code given by the QR code on the front is unique per refill but not per strip. As others have said if you are using them as intended (not selling them to others or giving them to others) you've got nothing to worry about. Otherwise yea, I'd recommend unless it's someone you trust you take them out of the original wrapper and package them some other way.

Answered: 2021-11-14 18:56:28

Suboxone wrappers are not traceable to the person that gets them. I scanned the code on the back of mine just to see what information would come and the only thing that did was a set of numbers. I googled the numbers and nothing came up.

We want to listen to your answers