Login as a User

are there anxiolytics that will interact safely with suboxone

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Suboxone
  4. >
  5. are there anxiolytics that will interact safely with suboxone

Asked: 2019-04-01 09:21:33

I've had anxiety for 15 years and medication has helped me through this. Unfortunately I've also fallen into opioid addiction and I recognize that I need to get help. What I'm really worried about is being able to take suboxone and anxiety medication at the same time. Is this a possibility? What are the safe anxiety medications to take with suboxone?

Answered: 2019-04-02 08:39:19

I'm sorry to hear about your anxiety and your addiction. I was in the same boat as you not too long ago. My doctor told me that Xanax (my anxiety medication) could interact with suboxone and therefore he found me an alternative treatment plan. Ask yours and see what they say. Your doctor really should be able to help you with this.

Answered: 2019-04-01 13:20:43

Typically, it's not a good idea to take anxiety medication (benzopyrazines) at the same time as suboxone, but don’t worry. Doctors have a lot of experience in managing both these conditions and finding solutions that work for patients over the course of their treatment. I would feel confident that a doctor could help you manage your anxiety and addiction at the same time.

Answered: 2019-04-03 03:59:20

I don't think it's the best idea to mix suboxone with other medications, but this treatment plan can save your life. It's worth it to explain your worries to your doctor and ask about alternative options to best manage your anxiety during this time. Best of luck to you, you can do this!

Answered: 2019-04-02 06:19:49

My wife has been addicted for five years and her anxiety is really bad as well. She found that when she went in for suboxone treatment, the doctors were really helpful about going over her other medications and what they can do to manage her anxiety over the course of her treatment. Your doctor will lead the way on this for you and you'll be just fine. Just keep your head up and remember you are strong enough to make it through recovery!

Answered: 2019-04-03 09:08:05

Drugs kill you.

We want to listen to your answers