Login as a User

can I take my suboxone with me on a commercial airplane

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Suboxone
  4. >
  5. can I take my suboxone with me on a commercial airplane

Asked: 2019-09-13 11:17:36

Hey, me and the wife are traveling. We are so excited to have a small vacation, but she's on suboxone. She's been on it a while but we haven't had any trips since she's started so I was wondering if she can take the suboxone with her on a commerical airplane or whatever?

Answered: 2019-09-15 01:33:04

The TSA doesn't really make it law for you to have your prescriptions in the original prescriptions bottle. However, since suboxone is a narcotic, chances are it would be safer to have them in the original bottle with your prescription. A letter by your doctor for the reasons why you have to take the suboxone would be even better. You can have a TSA agent inspect your medication instead of having them put under an X-ray.

Answered: 2019-09-14 09:11:17

You should be good to go. I mean, I think she can take it with her as long as she has prescription for it. And probably the original container it came with.

Answered: 2019-09-14 12:02:04

She can take it, but since suboxone is a narcotic, it would be better to have the prescription container and prescription from doctor on hand when you go. It would also be good to even have a doctor's note about it.

Answered: 2019-09-14 08:01:12

You should probably ask them and see on here instead of asking online. But you should be okay to travel with suboxone as long as your wife has a prescription.

Answered: 2019-09-15 08:23:15

Just as long as you have all the proof you need that it's hers and that she's legally able to have it with her. So, she can have original package, prescription from doctor, and whatever else and she should be okay. However, I would be honest from the start that you have medication and show it to the TSA.

Answered: 2021-10-10 15:37:16

I have the same question. I am on suboxone and taking a trip soon. My subs come in a plastic bag with a prescription label on it -- each sub is a thin film in a sealed wrapper. Do i just keep them in the bag?

We want to listen to your answers