Login as a User

can you take suboxone after narcan

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Suboxone
  4. >
  5. can you take suboxone after narcan

Asked: 2020-01-26 10:24:39

My brother overdosed and was given narcan, and now his doctors are recommending Suboxone. Is this safe for him after having narcan? I don't want him to die.

Answered: 2020-01-26 22:33:48

I know that suboxone is used to help people with opiate addiction, so it sounds like it would be fine for your brother to have this, especially if his doctors are recommending it for him. I know this is scary for you but you have to try and trust the medical professionals, as they know what's best for your brother right now. Best of luck to you!

Answered: 2020-01-28 07:16:30

I'm so sorry to hear about your brother's overdose - I've been there and done that. Thank God he got the narcan he needed. He's fine to have Suboxone, so try not to worry too much and listen to what the doctors have to say, they have his best interests in mind.

Answered: 2020-01-28 04:49:04

As a doctor, I'm here to tell you that suboxone can be taken after narcan, so long as it's administered by a medical professional with the proper dosage. Wishing your brother all the best in his recovery journey.

Answered: 2020-01-28 02:30:54

How scary! Yes my boyfriend was given narcan when he overdosed, and then during the recovery process he was subscribed suboxone. Your brother is safe to follow his doctor's orders. Hopefully this helps him fight off his addiction - it definitely helped my boyfriend. All the best!

Answered: 2020-01-26 14:24:30

There's nothing more you can do for your brother, not after he overdosed. I'll never understand why people do drugs.

We want to listen to your answers