Login as a User

does buprenorphine block opiates

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Suboxone
  4. >
  5. does buprenorphine block opiates

Asked: 2019-08-03 22:33:53

My best friend is addicted to opiates, and I'm trying to get her the medical help she needs. I've heard a lot about buprenorphine - can anyone tell me if buprenorphine blocks the effects of opiates?

Answered: 2019-08-04 11:59:58

By itself buprenorphine agonist, so it doesn't fully block other opiates, but once it's combined with naloxone to form suboxone then it does. I know that this treatment can save lives and help people recover from addiction, because I've been there myself.

Answered: 2019-08-05 11:26:06

Buprenorphine is used with naloxone for treating opioid addiction as it can help with those nasty withdrawal symptoms. That means yes, buprenorphine combined with naloxone (suboxone) can block the painful effects of opiates. It's a good idea for your friend to seek medical attention, as doctors can help her with opioid withdrawal treatment.

Answered: 2019-08-04 01:53:38

I'm sorry about your best friend, that's such a bummer. I lost my best friend of 20 years to opioid addiction so I understand your pain and fear. If your friend is able to get the medical attention she needs, that could make a big difference. Buprenorphine can be used with naloxone to block opioids, so perhaps this could help your friend. Make sure she consults a medical professional though, as they are the only ones who can appropriately prescribe buprenorphine.

Answered: 2019-08-05 01:03:51

Buprenorphine does block the effects of opiates when combined with naloxone, another drug that is often used in cases of drug addiction. Medical professionals may prescribe buprenorphine and naloxone in cases of opioid addiction.

Answered: 2019-08-05 02:23:25

Your best friend is lost, if I were you I wouldn't waste my time trying to help a drug addict who's too far gone.

We want to listen to your answers