Login as a User

does suboxone affect male fertility

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Suboxone
  4. >
  5. does suboxone affect male fertility

Asked: 2019-08-14 23:05:58

My husband might be going into some type of treatment that involves him taking suboxone. We are still discussing it since I don’t know if we can afford it. We have to go over our options, but I also heard that this stuff can affect a male's fertility. Is that true?

Answered: 2019-08-15 11:55:15

Suboxone can affect a man's fertility, but some say that it's not as permanent as it sounds. I guess it might be temporary but that isn't to say that it wouldn't become permanent for some men.

Answered: 2019-08-16 05:49:33

If your husband is thinking about using suboxone as a treatment and you still want children, you might want to explore other avenues but that's up to you really. I hope you are able to figure it all out since I don't like to hear about bad things happening to people who are only trying to seek help.

Answered: 2019-08-15 22:14:32

If you had looked it up on Google or Bing you would know. This stuff can actually effect a man's ability to have kids, but I'm really not sure if that's forever. But maybe you should talk about it with your husband's doctor or your husband.

Answered: 2019-08-16 14:29:27

There are some instances where infertility can happen in males when they are taking suboxone. However, there isn't enough evidence to conclude that this infertility could become permanent. It can become a long-term effect after taking this medication. Therefore, someone might not be infertile for the rest of their lives after taking this medication. It could vary from each person.

Answered: 2019-08-16 11:16:55

Bad news is there are some people who say that it can affect a man's fertility, but that isn't always a permanent thing. So, maybe you and your husband can be lucky enough that it won't effect him too long. I know how this can be stressful since my brother went through similar issues with addiciton and I hope everything turns out okay for you and your husband.

We want to listen to your answers