Login as a User

does suboxone block methadone

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Suboxone
  4. >
  5. does suboxone block methadone

Asked: 2019-07-09 23:12:23

My fiance has an addiction to methadone and has sought treatment before. I was wondering if the next time he needs, I know I might be getting ahead of myself, but I like being prepared for the worst. So, I was hoping someone on here knows anything about if suboxone can block methadone?

Answered: 2019-07-10 12:12:15

You should probably talk about this stuff with a doctor if you want to learn more about it since you can't learn everything online. However, I have read that suboxone does block opiates. So, since methadone is an opiate, I assume taking suboxone can block methadone.

Answered: 2019-07-11 17:06:01

Suboxone can block opiate receptors, so since methadone is an opioid, it can block it. However, you probably shouldn't risk missing the two together to see what will happen since it you want to recover more quickly by staying clear of other drugs.

Answered: 2019-07-11 18:32:01

I hope your fiance recovers from his drug addiction. I know how terrible it can get. I think suboxone can block opiates like methadone because of the stuff the medication is made of.

Answered: 2019-07-11 18:18:40

You really don't have to add your personal information with the question you know. Anyhow, I guess suboxone can block methadone since it block other opiates.

Answered: 2019-07-11 04:02:25

Suboxone can block opiates like methadone, but that doesn't mean you should take methadone with it.

We want to listen to your answers