Login as a User

does suboxone give you energy

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Suboxone
  4. >
  5. does suboxone give you energy

Asked: 2019-05-18 23:19:37

My dad is trying so hard to make it through his opiate withdrawals and the doctors have given him suboxone. Is this supposed to give him more energy or make him tired? I want to know what to expect from him in the coming weeks.

Answered: 2019-05-20 19:37:08

I took suboxone for a year and I never felt like it gave me more energy, but that may just be me. I suppose it depends on the person.

Answered: 2019-05-19 23:27:28

Your dad should know better than to use drugs. I wouldn't waste my time trying to help him or worrying about what medication he should or shouldn't be taking. 

Answered: 2019-05-19 04:03:55

Suboxone has been used successfully in many cases of opiate addiction, althought the effects may vary slightly depending on the patient. Not everyone experiences an increase in energy, but if your dad does he can change the timing of his dose with advice from his doctor.

Answered: 2019-05-20 13:16:55

Suboxone may produce slightly different effects for each individual, and some patients have reported an increase in energy after taking it. If this is the case with your dad, then he could speak to his doctor about taking his dose a bit earlier during the day.

Answered: 2019-05-20 19:52:04

I don't think suboxone is necesscarily meant to give you a big boost in energy, but if your dad does have more energy that's not a bad thing either.

We want to listen to your answers