Login as a User

does suboxone lose its potency if it's not wrapped properly

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Suboxone
  4. >
  5. does suboxone lose its potency if it's not wrapped properly

Asked: 2019-09-19 01:32:10

I'm looking forward to a new beginning as I start suboxone treatment and hopefully regain my sobriety. I have one question though. How do I make sure my suboxone medication is properly protected? Will it not be as strong if it's not wrapped up all the way?

Answered: 2019-09-19 23:48:56

My suboxone strips dried out once. I highly recommend you make sure you store them properly. This will help you do what you need to do with your treatment.

Answered: 2019-09-20 08:52:43

That's a dumb question. Isn't it obvious?

Answered: 2019-09-20 05:24:09

I'm a doctor at an addiction treatment center. I always tell my patients that it's important to keep suboxone properly stored to protect the potency. Just do your best and keep that in mind moving forward. Good luck with your treatment!

Answered: 2019-09-20 09:06:48

That's awesome that you're starting treatment. Yes, you need to make sure your suboxone is stored properly. Your doctor should have some handy tips for you. Maybe a pill box or organizer would work? Otherwise just keep them in the prescribed bottle and you'll be good to go.

Answered: 2021-05-26 14:47:15

Yes. If they get too cold in the winter or too cold in the ac they dry out in the unopened wrapper and will lose their potency. This really sucks when we depend on this medication to maintain sobriety only to be let down so badly legendary it doesn't work right in our system due to not storing at room temp. This is an old post but I am responding now because anyone else who googled about strips Drying out and not working needs to read this. I fell completely off the wagon due to this issue and learned the hard way

Answered: 2019-09-20 18:55:50

Yes, you need to make sure your suboxone medication is store properly. Make sure it's not left out or exposed to the elements, otherwise the potency could be affected. Just use your best judgment and go from there.

We want to listen to your answers