Login as a User

how does suboxone work

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Suboxone
  4. >
  5. how does suboxone work

Asked: 2019-09-13 18:12:26

I want to get my son help for his drug addiction and his counselor suggested that Suboxone may help. I'm not sure if it's a safe option though. How is Suboxone designed to work?

Answered: 2019-09-15 10:03:12

When your son takes Suboxone it will attach to the opioid receptors in his brain. This makes it difficult for him to get high if he tries to use other opioids. Not being able to get high serves as a deterent that causes many people to stop using.

Answered: 2019-09-15 11:00:01

It's best to have your son take Suboxone under the care of medical supervision. This ensures that he takes the right dose so that it can block the brain receptors in his brain effectively without risking a new addiction developing.

Answered: 2019-09-14 21:44:16

Suboxone blocks the brain from being able to get high. If your son takes drugs while he has Suboxone in his system, he won't get high. This can be dangerous though because he could try to use more drugs to get the high that he wants and end up overdosing.

Answered: 2019-09-14 08:42:00

If your son wants to quit using he'll be able to do it on his own. Suboxone is for people who have tried to quit and can't. He shouldn't take it until he's tried to quit and failed.

Answered: 2019-09-15 02:05:05

Suboxone decreases the desire to want to use drugs. If your son takes it, he won't want to get high as much as he does now. Eventually, he may not want to use at all.

We want to listen to your answers