Login as a User

how is suboxone treatment different than drug abuse

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Suboxone
  4. >
  5. how is suboxone treatment different than drug abuse

Asked: 2019-05-31 11:03:49

I want to quit using drugs and my doctor suggested taking Suboxone. The only thing is that I don’t understand what the difference is between using drugs and using Suboxone. What’s the difference?

Answered: 2019-06-01 23:39:09

Opioids get you high and Suboxone only gets you high if you abuse it. Abusing Suboxone can lead to overdose or death just like opioids. The Naloxone in the Suboxone makes it very difficult to abuse it.

Answered: 2019-05-31 21:27:00

There’s no difference between Suboxone and other opioids. You are just swapping one drug addiction for another one.

Answered: 2019-06-02 09:45:51

Suboxone is designed to make recovery from drug addiction easier. If used properly, it won’t get you high. If abused, it won’t give you the same high that opioids typically give you.

Answered: 2019-05-31 17:00:36

People take Suboxone when they don’t want to feel the withdrawal symptoms that come when they stop using drugs. Suboxone isn’t designed to be taken to get you high.

Answered: 2019-06-02 03:55:43

You should only take Suboxone if you have a prescription for it and are being monitored by a medical professional. Unlike illegal drugs, Suboxone is designed to be helpful and make life easier for those in recovery. It can be taken for quite a while to make sobriety more easily obtainable.

We want to listen to your answers