Login as a User

how long after doing heroin can you take suboxone

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Suboxone
  4. >
  5. how long after doing heroin can you take suboxone

Asked: 2020-01-25 20:52:33

My nephew is a heroin addict, much to my heartbreak. I've raised him since my brother died when he was 10, but it seems like the trauma has affected his emotional and mental health and contributed to his drug use. I want to get him into rehab and on suboxone treatment. How long do we have to wait after he does heroin to begin the treatment?

Answered: 2020-01-26 02:59:35

I'm not a doctor but I have been involved in the rehabilitation of several of my friends, and they were given suboxone after a day. I don't think it's good to give a heroin addict suboxone right away after they get high as the two drugs can counteract and cause worse symptoms. You can try and speak to your nephew's doctors if you still have concerns, that's what I would recommend. I wish all the best for you and your nephew right now.

Answered: 2020-01-27 19:15:06

I don't think suboxone will help your nephew at all. Once addicted to heroin you're always addicted.

Answered: 2020-01-27 11:29:20

You definitely don't want to begin treatment when your nephew is still high on heroin. It's important to wait until he's in moderate/mild withdrawal. The only way to really do this safely is to consult a medical professional and have their expert advice and guidance during this time. I hope it goes okay for you and your nephew.

Answered: 2020-01-27 19:47:35

I'm a doctor specializing in drug addiction, and I just want to remind you that your nephew should not be taking suboxone when he's high on heroin. Instead, his first dose of suboxone should come when he's in the stage of mild to moderate withdrawal. If he has suboxone earlier, this could cause more severe symptoms.

Answered: 2020-01-27 08:10:27

I was on suboxone treatment for a little over a year, and they made me wait until it had been at least 24 hours since my last hit of heroin. It's probably best if your nephew checks in with his doctor and confirms with them, but he shouldn't be having suboxone when he's high or that can be detrimental.

We want to listen to your answers