Login as a User

how long after take suboxone can you take pain meds

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Suboxone
  4. >
  5. how long after take suboxone can you take pain meds

Asked: 2019-04-06 06:14:42

I'm about to go on suboxone but I want to know if I can take pain meds while I'm on it. Has anyone done both?

Answered: 2019-04-07 02:40:33

Suboxone is super easy to get addicted to and so are pain meds. If you want to be smart I wouldn't risk it. No pills at all is the best way to live.

Answered: 2019-04-07 22:54:27

I've been on suboxone for a month and the doctors said they did not want to put me on pain meds while I was on it. My guess is that they would do the same for you, but I would double check with your doctor as they can confirm with you.

Answered: 2019-04-07 23:46:23

It's not ideal to take suboxone and pain meds at the same time. If you're concerned about this, I would highly recommend you consult with your doctor to come up with a plan to manage your pain while also effectively treating your condition.

Answered: 2019-04-07 12:12:26

Suboxone is a pain pill. Check with your doctor but I think you'd be good to just take suboxone before transitioning to other medication down the line. You should be alright if you just listen to your doctor.

Answered: 2019-04-06 14:39:28

I work in a drug addiction rehabilitation center, and I can tell you that we try and keep our patients on suboxone while gradually tapering their doses before moving on to pain medications. We are very careful in the doses prescribed and we closely monitor patients to ensure the highest chances of success.

We want to listen to your answers