Login as a User

how long does suboxone stay in your body

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Suboxone
  4. >
  5. how long does suboxone stay in your body

Asked: 2019-04-22 10:28:29

I've been put on suboxone to combat my addiction to prescription painkillers. How long will this medication stay in my system?

Answered: 2019-04-23 17:14:24

Every medication is assigned an elimination half-life, which refers to how long it takes for half of a single dose to exit the body. The elimination half-life for buprenorphine is 37 hours, which means that suboxone may remain in the body for around eight days. You can keep this in mind during your suboxone treatment.

Answered: 2019-04-23 12:41:36

My best friend was on suboxone for a year and I remember the doctor telling her and me that this medication stays in the system for approximately eight days. Hope your recovery goes well and that you get there in the end - being sober is so worth it.

Answered: 2019-04-23 01:58:03

I was on suboxone too and it can stay in your system for a little over a week. Sorry to hear about your addiction to painkillers - I've been in your shoes and the path to recovery is a long one, but it's so worthwhile. I hope you remember that.

Answered: 2019-04-24 08:09:50

Too long - I don't think suboxone or any medication should be in your body. It's just not natural and it's so bad for you.

Answered: 2019-04-23 21:24:45

I am no medical expert but I think suboxone can stay in your system for a little over a week. You can always ask your doctor for details as they should be closely monitoring your suboxone intake over the course of your treatment.

We want to listen to your answers