Login as a User

how long should you take suboxone for withdrawal

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Suboxone
  4. >
  5. how long should you take suboxone for withdrawal

Asked: 2019-09-09 00:54:57

My teenage son is dealing with drug addiction. His doctor wants to put him on suboxone. I was hoping someone on here can tell me how long a person should take suboxone for withdrawal? I don't want him to get addicted to this drug too.

Answered: 2019-09-10 08:54:23

I'm thinking it's six months to a year that some people stay on this suboxone stuff. It can take a while, so you should probably be talking about it with your son's doctor and not here.

Answered: 2019-09-10 15:54:22

Hello, I hope your son will get through his recovery okay. I researched this for one of my term papers last year. I think some can be on this medicine for six months to a year. But I also know others can be on it a lot longer, especially if they don't abuse it.

Answered: 2019-09-10 06:05:54

Most people who are using suboxone need a longer period to recover and remain clean afterward. This means some patients might stay on suboxone for as long as six months to a year. Sometimes people stay on it for longer than that if they need to. Talk about it with your son's doctor to make sure he's using it properly.

Answered: 2019-09-10 13:54:46

Each person has their own recovery period, but I know a lot of people who have been on it for six months or a year or so. I think others are still on it after 10 years.

Answered: 2019-09-10 02:01:36

Suboxone helps people going through heroin withdrawals and other harder drugs, so it usually takes a long time before you can get off it. Most people can be on it for as long as six months to a year.

We want to listen to your answers