Login as a User

is buprenorphine a stimulant

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Suboxone
  4. >
  5. is buprenorphine a stimulant

Asked: 2019-03-25 00:54:41

My boyfriend is about to begin suboxone treatment. I'm so proud of him for trying to get clean, I know it's really hard for him. I'm just wondering if the medication he's going to get on is a depressant or a stimulant, because he doesn't do well with stimulants. Does anyone have any idea?

Answered: 2019-03-26 19:04:11

I know it's hard not to worry about someone you love when they are going through this, but at least you can rest assured that buprenorphine is not a stimulant and it has worked for many other people in the past. Buprenorphine with naloxone can counteract those challenging opiate withdrawal symptoms, which is probably just what your boyfriend needs to get clean. Wishing you all the best, just try and remain strong and hopefully he will succeed.

Answered: 2019-03-26 22:34:04

Suboxone contains two ingredients: buprenorphine and naloxone. Buprenorphine is a depressant and naloxone reverses the effects of other opiates. If your boyfriend has any specific concerns, it's important that he speaks to a trusted medical professional for further clarifaction regarding his treatment plan.

Answered: 2019-03-27 01:07:55

I took buprenorphine for over a year, so I can confidently tell you it's not a stimulant. Buprenorphine is a depressant so it slows you down rather than speeds you up. It worked really well for me, hopefully it will for your boyfriend too.

Answered: 2019-03-25 01:59:01

Who cares what it is? Buprenorphine is horrible for you.

Answered: 2019-03-26 12:12:02

Buprenorphine is a depressant that blocks the effects of other opiates. If your boyfriend is addicted to heroin or prescription painkillers, getting on a treatment plan that includes buprenorphine could help him significantly.

We want to listen to your answers