Login as a User

is buprenorphine approved for pain management

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Suboxone
  4. >
  5. is buprenorphine approved for pain management

Asked: 2020-01-06 00:36:59

I have chronic pain issues and I recently heard about buprenorphine. Some people told me it was pretty good for pain management and that it was not as addictive as morphine. Can someone confirm this information? Is this drug officially approved for pain management?

Answered: 2020-01-07 02:43:32

Yes, it can be used this way. I used it once and it really improved my quality of life! I suffered from chronic pains all my life and only with the help of medicine I was able to properly get better.

Answered: 2020-01-07 07:16:48

Hello, Inez! I can confirm that Buprenorphine is approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for the treatment of chronic pains, which are your case. Officially, buprenorphine is approved for cases of chronic and acute pain. It can also be used for opioid dependence, which does not seem to your case. Be sure to visit a doctor, though. While the drug is used to treat the withdrawal syndrome of drugs such as heroin, it can be addictive if you use it too much. The risk is considered very low, but it exists.

Answered: 2020-01-07 02:20:02

Buprenorphine is often used in cases in which the patients were initially treated with something stronger such as morphine, which is highly addictive. When they want to stop using it, they may be already addicted to opioids, so generally they start using buprenorphine as a way to ease the pain with something less addictive.

Answered: 2020-01-07 01:04:10

The FDA officially recommends it as a way to treat pain, so yes. Mainly, buprenorphine has two uses. One of them is as the treatment for pains and the other one is more focused on helping people who are addicted to opioids and are suffering from withdrawal syndrome.

Answered: 2020-01-06 12:52:43

Yeah, you can use it. But you know what is really good for pain? Pot. Sure, it’s not officially medicine, but it always helps me. Just be sure to avoid the strong stuff like heroin. That stuff really gets you addicted.

We want to listen to your answers