Login as a User

is it illegal to mail suboxone

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Suboxone
  4. >
  5. is it illegal to mail suboxone

Asked: 2019-02-26 23:56:47

I recently got into a debate with my cousin whether it was illegal or not to mail prescription drugs. She wanted to mail me Suboxone, which I use and forgot in her house, which is in another state, but I told her that it was dangerous to mail something like this across states. Was I wrong in telling her this? I just wanted to avoid getting her into trouble, but I think she got offended somehow.

Answered: 2019-02-28 10:32:14

You can be fined and even go to jail for sending prescription drugs by mail, so tell that to your cousin. Even receiving the drugs can be considered illegal, but you probably won’t get so much trouble as her. All prescription drugs can only be sent by authorized companies and pharmacists.

Answered: 2019-02-27 02:48:05

The only time in which someone is allowed to send prescription drugs via mail is when there is an official callback of the product. On any other occasion, I’m sure it’s completely illegal. Tell that to your cousin.

Answered: 2019-02-28 23:17:04

I once did it and it was fine. Never got caught. See, the problem is not so much doing it as getting caught. If the postal office never finds out, no crime was ever done. ;)

Answered: 2019-02-28 19:27:20

Fortunately, I can answer your question. I worked in the postal service some years ago. Anyone apart from drug companies cannot legally mail any prescription drugs at all. You have to register with the DEA to do it and they won’t allow anyone who is not a pharmacist. If they find out, the package will be seized and destroyed. The person who sent it may be charged if the police suspect that the drugs were sold illegally. There is one case in which you can do it, though. If the drugs are recalled for some reason, you are allowed to send them back to the factory.

Answered: 2019-02-27 19:56:26

You are right, it’s illegal. According to the Drug Enforcement Agency, only licensed professionals and companies can send drugs such as Suboxone by mail. Anyone caught doing it will have the drugs destroyed and may even be charged with drug trafficking in some cases, it’s pretty dangerous to do it.

We want to listen to your answers