Login as a User

is suboxone a barbiturate

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Suboxone
  4. >
  5. is suboxone a barbiturate

Asked: 2019-07-30 13:48:41

Is Suboxone a barbiturate? I used Suboxone for some days now and I’m trying to understand more about it. Initially, I thought it was a barbiturate, but now I’m not really sure. can someone explain it to me?

Answered: 2019-07-31 10:15:53

They are very different. Suboxone is an opioid blocker while barbiturates are the so-called sleeping pills. One of them is used to help you sleep better while the other is often used in rehab. While opioids also can have calming effects, they are not the same at all.

Answered: 2019-08-01 06:12:25

Suboxone is basically a mixture of buprenorphine with naloxone, which are an opioid partial agonist and a blocker. It’s often used by people who are trying to cure their addiction of heroin, morphine and similar drugs. Barbiturates are used to sleep, they are often called sleeping pills and have been used for over 150 years.

Answered: 2019-08-01 14:45:48

It has literally nothing to do with barbiturates. Barbiturates are like poison, don’t use that stuff! You would be dumb to do it.

Answered: 2019-08-01 12:57:22

Nope. Suboxone is an opioid, a different kind of drug. Both of them mess with your brain, but Suboxone doesn’t harm you. A lot of people abused using barbiturates back then and got addicted.

Answered: 2019-08-01 08:56:46

Suboxone is not a barbiturate. It is an opioid. To understand the difference better, I’ll explain what both of these terms mean. First, opioids. They are substances that either activate or block the opioid receptors of the brain. Suboxone is often used to block them. Barbiturates are much older drugs. They were started to be created back in the 19th century and have been used as depressants to help people to sleep since then. In both cases, these drugs can be very addictive. Fortunately, Suboxone is not very addictive at all and it is often used when people are stopping with heroin.

We want to listen to your answers