Login as a User

is suboxone an opiate

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Suboxone
  4. >
  5. is suboxone an opiate

Asked: 2019-09-03 03:11:50

I was in a bad car accident and had to take pain pills. I ended up getting addicted to them and want to stop using them as quickly as possible. I heard that Suboxone can be great for overcoming an addiction, but I thought Suboxone was an opiate. Is Suboxone considered to be an opiate and why woudl you take another opiate to recover from an addiction to opiates? It doesn't make any sense to me.

Answered: 2019-09-04 11:00:15

Suboxone is considered an opiate, but it works differently than opiates that you take for pain. The active ingredients are designed to minimize withdrawal symptoms and keep someone from getting high if they were to use opiates. This is a safety measure to make getting clean easier for those with a drug addiction.

Answered: 2019-09-04 03:58:17

Suboxone isn't considered to be an opiate because it can only get you high if you really abuse it.

Answered: 2019-09-04 14:54:40

Some people consider Suboxone to be an opiate beucase it contains Buprenorphine which is an opioid. But, when it's used with Naloxone, it doesn't provide the same results as it would if it wasn't paired with it.

Answered: 2019-09-05 03:42:10

Suboxone can get you high so it's considered to be an opiate by the government.

Answered: 2019-09-04 22:35:20

Buprenorphine is an ingredient in Suboxone and it's an opioid, but Suboxone itself isn't.

We want to listen to your answers