Login as a User

is suboxone bad for you

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Suboxone
  4. >
  5. is suboxone bad for you

Asked: 2019-01-31 01:42:20

I have been suffering from heroin addiction for years and I’m trying to quit. My doctor recommended suboxone to relieve some of the symptoms of the withdrawal, but I’m not really sure if I should use it. Some people say that suboxone is bad for you and that you can get addicted to it. I don’t want to be addicted to a new drug, I just want to feel better. Is it really bad or is it an exaggeration?

Answered: 2019-02-01 18:36:11

Suboxone, on itself, is not really bad for at all. This medicine is not a miracle, though. I’m a nurse and I have seen several patients get better after being medicated with it. What happens sometimes is that people who are already addicted to heroin and similar opioids end up changing their addiction to suboxone, which is used to treat them. In any case, suboxone is considerably less harmful to an individual than heroin. What matters is to understand that you are taking a remedy and that you should not abuse it.

Answered: 2019-01-31 15:36:04

Yes! It’s very bad! People here are saying that it’s not, but I have used it for years and it’s still an opioid. It’ll affect you. Not as much as heroin, but it will. Don’t believe the doctors, they just want to sell it to you.

Answered: 2019-01-31 03:09:45

Suboxone is mostly safe. It’s designed to be safe. However, you can get addicted to it. The chance is not very high because it’s not really something like heroin, but it can happen. If you use it following the instructions of your doctor, you will probably be fine, so no worries.

Answered: 2019-02-01 06:39:39

Suboxone, just like all similar drugs, is specifically created to help you. That said, it’s possible to abuse using this drug and the consequences can be harmful to you.

Answered: 2019-02-01 17:10:07

It depends a lot on you. If you use suboxone right, it can help you to get through addiction. If you just replace heroin use with it, you are bound to run into problems. This is a medication to use to stop a problem, not a substance that you can use to replace old bad habits.

We want to listen to your answers