Login as a User

is suboxone or methadone better

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Suboxone
  4. >
  5. is suboxone or methadone better

Asked: 2019-09-19 12:41:25

Can you guys answer a question? I have been addicted to opioids for years. I started with morphine when I was injured and then I jumped to heroin. A few months ago, I decided it was the time to stop it all. Now, I’m getting better and I’m using methadone to help with the withdrawal symptoms. A lot of people use suboxone these days, so which one is better?

Answered: 2019-09-20 23:23:13

There is no absolute answer here. Methadone is stronger, cheaper and can also be used to treat chronic pains while suboxone is more expensive and newer but it is safer to use. People sometimes overdose on methadone but I have never heard of someone overdosing on suboxone.

Answered: 2019-09-20 14:54:46

What would be better is to never get hooked on heroin in the first place. I did it five years ago and I regret it every day. I bet that you do, too. These drugs can help, but the bitter truth is that they never help enough.

Answered: 2019-09-20 22:32:40

It really depends a lot on you, but I would choose methadone. Why? Because it works well for me. Don’t be afraid to change the medication if you think that it’s not working very well. What is important to be healthy, so you should understand that it may take some effort and time. Have hope, though, you will get better.

Answered: 2019-09-20 07:16:59

Having used both of these medications over the past few years, I have to say that it depends a lot on you. There is no easy answer about which one is better. They are different but are both opioids that can be used to treat you. Methadone is stronger. You can overdose using it if you are not so careful. Suboxone was created to be considerably weaker. Methadone is cheaper than Suboxone and can also be used to treat chronic pains, but you need to go to clinics to use it. Side effects from methadone include stomach pains, heart rhythm issues and even seizures. Suboxone can cause numbness and redness on the mouth, attention issues, blurry vision and allergic reactions.

Answered: 2019-09-19 16:58:55

I prefer to use Suboxone. It’s not as strong as methadone and I get better results this way. It has several side effects which can be a pain, but they are all better than using heroin again and being drugged all the time.

We want to listen to your answers