Login as a User

is suboxone safer than methadone

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Suboxone
  4. >
  5. is suboxone safer than methadone

Asked: 2019-06-24 10:02:25

My best friend has faced some hard times recently and she got addicted to heroin. Now, we’re all trying to help and support her, so I’m trying to do my best here. I heard that she used methadone during recovery and it worried me because I heard that people could overdose from it. Wouldn’t it be safer to use something like suboxone? It seems to be better.

Answered: 2019-06-25 20:14:48

The truth is that neither is 100% safe, but they are generally ok if you follow all the instructions passed by the clinic or your doctor. What matters the most is to avoid the abuse of these drugs, which is the number one reason for ever getting real problems with them.

Answered: 2019-06-26 11:02:21

Neither are good! Stopping cold turkey is the way to go. No reason to keep giving opioids to your body if you ever want to stop using them. This stuff is for cowards.

Answered: 2019-06-25 10:13:38

Your friend will probably be ok using methadone. It has a higher risk for overdose, but you generally use it only at clinics, so there is the staff to prevent you from using too much. Suboxone is probably somewhat safer, but I wouldn’t say there is a very high risk.

Answered: 2019-06-26 01:43:17

This is a tricky question. As someone who has studied these drugs before, I can say that Suboxone seems safer than Methadone, but it really depends on the person. If the treatment is done properly, none of these drugs should be dangerous. You can be allergic to them, so it would make them unsafe or you could use more of them than necessary, which could also be dangerous, but if you followed the medical guidelines, you should be fine. It’s only important to notice that Methadone has a higher risk of overdose, so maybe you should talk to your friend about the dangers of methadone abuse.

Answered: 2019-06-24 19:01:13

I would say that it’s safer, yeah. Suboxone is weaker than methadone and you can hardly overdose from it. This alone makes it a much safer drug, as there are cases of people who died using too much methadone.

We want to listen to your answers