Login as a User

is subutex a narcotic

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Suboxone
  4. >
  5. is subutex a narcotic

Asked: 2019-09-11 10:03:12

I swore to my parents that I wasn't taking any narcotics. That's the deal we made when I moved back home. No alcohol or narcotics while I'm living there to get back on my feet. I do take subutex but it's prescribed by my doctor. They say it IS a narcotic. I'm going to show them any responses I get to this. So once and for all, is subutex a narcotic?

Answered: 2019-09-12 21:40:23

yeah, it’s a narcotic but only in name. my doctor tried to put me on it but I didn't really care for it

Answered: 2019-09-12 03:07:27

subutex is technically a narcotic but it is used to help treat addiction to opioids. When taken as prescribed, it can help alleviate symptoms of opiate withdrawal and be minimally addictive. This is why you and your doctor will create a treatment plan that includes tapering off the drug. the ultimate goal of the treatment plan is to help you become opiate-free over time with few withdrawal symptoms.

Answered: 2019-09-12 03:06:24

yes, it is a narcotic and is a scheduled substance which means it is illegal to have if you do not have a prescription. On the DEA's website, it's listed as a schedule 3 which means it has less potential for abuse than methodone (schedule 2)

Answered: 2019-09-12 20:15:27

as a person in recovery, it is my personal opinion that subutex is a narcotic and you are NOT clean/sober while using it. Granted, I understand the need for it but it still alters you brain chemistry and is addictive.

Answered: 2019-09-12 14:16:06

definitely a narcotic. You will go to jail for possession if you have it without a prescription. It can also be addictive if you do not take it properly--as with any other narcotic!

We want to listen to your answers