Login as a User

is subutex an opioid

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Suboxone
  4. >
  5. is subutex an opioid

Asked: 2019-08-13 10:26:05

I have recently started to use a medication called Subutex. It was prescribed to deal with the pain. Whenever I use something new, I always get curious to understand exactly what I’m using and how this affects me. So, I’ve been reading about it and it looks like Subutex is an opioid? This worries because opioids are like morphine and heroin, right? Is Subutex dangerous like them or not?

Answered: 2019-08-13 13:34:49

Yes, it is. And you could have read that by searching Google for like half a minute. I’m not sure about how curious you really are if you can’t even do that.

Answered: 2019-08-13 11:36:15

I sell these at a pharmacy, so let me explain. This drug is considered an opioid because it affects the opioid receptors of your brain. Fortunately, you don’t need to worry so much. Subutex is considered to be pretty safe, generally. It’s only a partial agonist, meaning that it doesn’t affect your brain the same way that heroin would, for example, so it does not give such a feeling of euphoria and it’s considered a lot less addictive.

Answered: 2019-08-13 22:59:33

You can consider it an opioid, but I have already used it for pain management and it is a pretty good solution. Don’t worry, really, the drug is approved by the Federal Drug Administration, so you will not get addicted to it unless you abuse it and start to take it all the time.

Answered: 2019-08-15 05:13:49

Subutex is a well-known opioid medication. You don’t really need to be so concerned to get addicted by using it because it is widely used in the treatment of opioid addiction. If people use it to get better, it can’t be that harmful to you, right? Just trust your doctor, it’s ok.

Answered: 2019-08-13 14:27:08

It’s widely known that Subutex is an opioid, but don’t let the name fool you. Instead of being a full agonist like other drugs, this one is only a partial agonist, meaning that it affects your brain, but not in the harmful way that other drugs do.

We want to listen to your answers