Login as a User

should I cold turkey or suboxone

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Suboxone
  4. >
  5. should I cold turkey or suboxone

Asked: 2019-10-16 07:55:17

I've been hooked on heroin for two years now. I know I need to quit but I just find that idea so daunting. What's better for me, quitting cold turkey or doing suboxone treatment?

Answered: 2019-10-17 09:09:16

My son died of an overdose when he started using again after quitting cold turkey. Please don't take this lightly and get the professional help you need, especially if that's suboxone treatment. I wish my son would have had that option.

Answered: 2019-10-16 13:23:56

I wouldn't recommend trying to quit cold turkey. I did that once and the withdrawal symptoms were so bad, I ended up relapsing and making the whole situation way worse. If you can get on suboxone, that's definitely your best option. That's how I eventually got sober and you can do it too.

Answered: 2019-10-17 23:32:20

Either is a lost cause. You're doomed now that you've been on drugs.

Answered: 2019-10-17 11:42:26

I'm a doctor and I've been working with addiction patients for 15 years. I highly recommend that you explore your options for suboxone treatment. This medication exists to help patients like you cope with the harsh withdrawal symptoms associated with opioids. You are much more likely to be successful in your recovery if you get on suboxone treatment.

Answered: 2019-10-17 18:03:36

Whatever you do, don't try to quit cold turkey by yourself. You'll put yourself at risk of a relapse because the withdrawal symptoms, specifically with heroin, are really bad. Please try suboxone treatment under the guidance of a medical professional. That's what you really need right now. Good luck!

We want to listen to your answers