Login as a User

what antidepressant can I take with suboxone

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Suboxone
  4. >
  5. what antidepressant can I take with suboxone

Asked: 2019-02-05 08:52:24

I'm in early recovery (27 days--yay!) and even though life is getting better, I'm still feeling a bit of depression. I've actually fought it my entire life but I've never done anything about it. Anyway, I'm on suboxone and I would like to ask my doctor to prescribe an antidepressant to help me through this time. is there any specific ones i should ask for? can i even take an antidepressant while on subs? thanks!

Answered: 2019-02-05 14:36:19

skip the antidepressants. Go to NA, find your higher power and a sponsor, and learn how to handle your feelings.

Answered: 2019-02-05 16:23:19

talk to your sub doctor and ask for their recommendation on what you should take given your dose. If they don't wanna prescribe an antidepressant, consider asking for their recommendation of local counselors to at least get you through this season in your life :)

Answered: 2019-02-05 17:28:34

everyone is different and it depends on the dose of suboxone that you are taking. Unfortunately, suboxone can interact with a number of things and either become more habit forming or dangerous.

Answered: 2019-02-05 19:14:38

when you are in early stages of recovery, your body goes through a lot of changes--emotional & physical. Chances are, your hormones and the 'happy' chemicals in your brain have become depleted or mixed up and you will feel it that much more when you don't have a substance to turn to to escape. if you feel like you need antidepressants, the best idea is to talk to your doctor to find out what is safest. be sure to mention that you take suboxone to ensure you don't put yourself at risk.

Answered: 2019-02-05 13:30:30

consider asking your doctor about a tricyclic antidepressant like amitripyline. It makes me a bit sleepy but I can otherwise function on it.

We want to listen to your answers