Login as a User

what are the side effect of buprenorphine

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Suboxone
  4. >
  5. what are the side effect of buprenorphine

Asked: 2019-12-12 00:20:01

My sister is about to start buprenorphine as part of her addiction treatment. What are some side effects she may experience so that we know how to best help her?

Answered: 2019-12-13 02:45:57

That's great news about your sister! I hope her addiction treatment goes smoothly. She should be prepared for some common side effects of suboxone such as difficulty sleeping and headache. She may also experience some opioid withdrawal symptoms like bodily aches and rapid heart rate, but it's nothing she can't overcome. Especially if she has a supportive family by her side, your sister is in good hands.

Answered: 2019-12-12 03:06:15

Tell your sister not to bother. Buprenorphine just leads to more problems down the track.

Answered: 2019-12-13 16:40:34

My sister started buprenorphine one month ago for the same reason. Other than a mild headache, she says she hasn't really experienced any side effects. Of course every patient is different and what may happen for her may not be the same for your sister, but one can hope!

Answered: 2019-12-13 09:57:30

I took buprenorphine for seven months and I noticed a few main side effects, including nausea and constipation. My head also hurt a bit but let me tell you, it was well worth it because it enabled me to beat my addiction once and for all. I'm much happier and healthier being sober now.

Answered: 2019-12-13 02:34:42

That's really sweet that you care about helping your sister during her transition to treatment. Common side effects of buprenorphine include headache, body aches, anxiety, sweating, depression and constipation. I hope that helps you prepare for the process ahead. Best of luck to your sister and your family.

We want to listen to your answers