Login as a User

what does hcl mean after a drug name

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Suboxone
  4. >
  5. what does hcl mean after a drug name

Asked: 2019-11-28 07:35:05

I've been addicted to opioids for years. I need to get sober. I've heard about a few different treatment options, including suboxone, but all this information is going over my head. Should I be concerned if there's an HCL after a drug name? I don't want to take a drug that isn't going to help me get over my addiction.

Answered: 2019-11-29 19:12:17

HCL is an abbreviation for hydrochloride, which is a salt of hydrochloride acid often used for administering drugs, including those that could help you overcome your addiction.

Answered: 2019-11-29 14:18:25

Why even take drugs? They'll all kill you eventually.

Answered: 2019-11-28 23:11:17

HCL is hydrochloride, and it's very common in medications that you may use to overcome your addiction. Can I recommend suboxone to you? I have no doubt in my mind that suboxone saved my life. It could save yours too if you just listen to your doctor and what they're saying carefully. It may not be what you want to hear but if you embrace suboxone treatment you can get sober. Ask any more questions you need about the formulas and any other concerns to your doctor you can give you more information and get you set up for success.

Answered: 2019-11-29 03:44:52

No, I think that's pretty normal and you shouldn't be too worried about hydrochloride. I would recommend suboxone for you though. My wife was prescribed suboxone a few years back after she became addicted to painkillers. It took her a few days to get used to it but it made a huge difference in her life and I think it would for you too. You just have to stick with it and give it a really honest try. 

Answered: 2019-11-28 22:00:54

HCL stands for hydrochloride. Many medications may have this in their formula, so don't be too worried but just talk to your doctor for more information.

We want to listen to your answers