Login as a User

what happens if you take suboxone without an opiate addiction

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Suboxone
  4. >
  5. what happens if you take suboxone without an opiate addiction

Asked: 2019-12-05 04:26:59

I found out that my best friend has been taking suboxone. I thought you weren't supposed to take this drug unless you have an addiction, am I wrong?

Answered: 2019-12-06 22:45:22

You're not right and you're not wrong. Suboxone is most commonly used in cases of opioid addiciton, but it can also be used to treat pain in some cases. Perhaps you don't know the full story about your friend, maybe she suffers from chronic pain or she's stuck in the awful cycle of addiction.

Answered: 2019-12-05 23:11:12

I hate to make any harsh judgments about your best friend. In some cases suboxone is prescribed for pain treatment outside of opioid addiction, so it's possible this is the case. It's also a possibility that your friend is abusing suboxone and in this case, she is putting her life in danger. Abusing suboxone is not a good idea and can lead to many negative side effects.

Answered: 2019-12-06 09:37:58

Some people do take suboxone to help with chronic pain, so that's one possibility. However suboxone is most commonly used to treat opioid addiction, so this is another reason why your friend may be on suboxone. Maybe she wants to keep her opioid addiction under wraps. Just try and be a good friend to her and support her on this journey.

Answered: 2019-12-05 23:39:14

You're never supposed to take suboxone ever. It's an awful medication and I think it makes people really sick.

Answered: 2019-12-06 01:06:52

I'm sorry to hear about your friend, it sounds like she's having a hard time. Suboxone can be used for both pain relief and opioid addiction treatment, just so you know. Some people think that suboxone is exclusively used for opioid addiction, but this is not the case.

Answered: 2021-05-28 09:59:56

Will I feel high on suboxone at all your m

We want to listen to your answers