Login as a User

what is a low dose of suboxone

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Suboxone
  4. >
  5. what is a low dose of suboxone

Asked: 2019-09-21 09:05:58

My wife is getting ready to start suboxone treatment. She's been hooked on prescription painkillers for five years and it's beyond time we get her the help that she needs. She's really concerned about the dosage though, as she doesn't want to take too much and run the risk of being addicted. What would be a relatively low dose she can ask for?

Answered: 2019-09-23 09:47:34

No matter how low the dose is, suboxone is still dangerous. Why would you be so foolish as to trust this medication?

Answered: 2019-09-21 14:25:54

I think suboxone is great, and I wish my son would have been able to get on this treatment before he died of an overdose. Make sure you support your wife as much as you can during this time, as your love and care could make a big difference to her moving forward. Keep in mind that a low dose contains around 2-4mg of buprenorphine and .5-1mg of naloxone. She can ask her doctor for more info on what her dosage will be like.

Answered: 2019-09-22 22:48:50

Suboxone doses may vary depending on each patient and their individual situation. However, a small starting dose of suboxone would be around 2mg buprenorphine/.5mg naloxone. Your wife needs to speak to her doctor for further clarification on what her dose will be.

Answered: 2019-09-23 08:09:56

Suboxone treatment is hands down the best thing that ever happened to me. This allowed me to have a second chance at life and regain my sobriety, which I'll never take for granted ever again. I was on a low dose of 4mg buprenorphine / 1 mg naloxone. Perhaps your wife could have a similar dose but it just depends on what her doctor's orders are.

Answered: 2019-09-22 14:20:48

I'm pretty sure that the lowest dose of suboxone is 2mg buprenorphine/ .5mg naloxone. Maybe this is what your wife will start out at. It's good that she wants to be cautious and careful of addiction again, and she can talk to her doctor about these concerns as well. It's totally normal to be worried about I wish your wife the best of luck.

We want to listen to your answers