Login as a User

what is a sublingual medication

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Suboxone
  4. >
  5. what is a sublingual medication

Asked: 2019-09-23 20:27:27

My kids are forcing me into drug rehab. I suppose I should be thankful for this as maybe this will help me actually get off heroin for good. That being said, I overheard someone the other day in a coffee shop talking about their own addiction story, and they mentioned sublingual medication. What is that? I hope I don't have to do that it doesn't sound nice.

Answered: 2019-09-25 05:59:11

Sublingual medication is nothing to worry about! I did it and it was totally fine. This is just when you put medicine under your tongue and it dissolves there. I actually found this easier than swallowing a pill, and hopefully it works out well for you too.

Answered: 2019-09-24 03:09:49

A sublingual medication refers to a medication that is placed under the tongue to dissolve and absorb into the tissues there before entering the bloodstream. This is a common method for patients to take suboxone, an opioid withdrawal maintenance medication.

Answered: 2019-09-25 08:18:12

Well done on your commitment to recovery mate, it's no easy task but it sounds like you're willing to give it a good try. Don't worry about sublingual medication, that's just one way of taking suboxone by placing it under your tongue and letting it dissolve. I would think your doctors will give you a few options as to how you want to take suboxone.

Answered: 2019-09-25 20:18:42

Sublingual medication is a shame. Nothing will help you once you're addicted.

Answered: 2019-09-25 09:45:51

Good on you for trying to get better! You should be proud of yourself and especially proud of your kids that they love and care about you enough to push you toward this stuff. As far as the sublingual medication goes, I wouldn't worry about that too much. That's just a fancy way of explaining how you can put medicine under your tongue for it to dissolve quickly and easily. This is one way that patients in addiction recovery take suboxone, which helps to manage the withdrawal symptoms.

We want to listen to your answers