Login as a User

what is buccal medication

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Suboxone
  4. >
  5. what is buccal medication

Asked: 2019-05-31 18:37:21

I just got out of my dad's doctor appointment and they were talking about buccal medication for his opioid addiction. What the heck is that?

Answered: 2019-06-02 07:49:43

If a doctor wants your dad to take buccal medication, that means putting the medicine in his cheek so that it can be absorbed into the bloodstream. This may seem a bit daunting or uncomfortable at first but it actually works out really well for many patients, and I hope it can be good for your dad.

Answered: 2019-06-01 22:48:30

My dad also suffers from opioid addiction. He's been doing buccal medication for a few weeks now. It's where his suboxone is placed inside his mouth in his cheek, allowing the medication to dissolve quickly into the mouth tissue and the bloodstream. It seems to work for him and I hope it works for your dad too.

Answered: 2019-06-02 05:28:07

Buccal medication is just another way to take the medicine that you need. If your dad needs buccal medication for his addiction, then the doctors are saying that he needs to place medication inside his cheek so it can be absorbed into his body and bloodstream.

Answered: 2019-06-02 02:13:15

Buccal medication is a sophisticated way to say putting medicine inside your cheek. Your dad would need to place suboxone or another opioid addiction medication inside his cheek. That's how he would take his dosage!

Answered: 2019-06-02 18:08:56

It's a weird way to take medicine that's super uncomfortable.

We want to listen to your answers