Login as a User

what is difference between buprenorphine and norbuprenorphine

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Suboxone
  4. >
  5. what is difference between buprenorphine and norbuprenorphine

Asked: 2019-02-25 11:17:23

My sister is addicted to opioids. I'm trying to do my research and get a better understanding of the medications that she may take as she tries to get better. One thing I can't figure out is the difference between buprenorphine and norbuprenorphine? I keep hearing about these two medications and I just don't understand how to distinguish between the two of them.

Answered: 2019-02-26 07:57:13

Buprenorphine is the main medication and norbuprenorphine is a metabolite, or an end product of metabolism. Buprenorphine produces metabolite.

Answered: 2019-02-27 05:33:17

Norbuprenorphine is a by-product of metabolism, so buprenorphine is the medication that your sister could take. I hope her treatment is successful like mine was, I can't even begin to explain how awesome it is to be free from the depths of my addiction. Now I'm living my best life and I couldn't be happier or healthier!

Answered: 2019-02-27 00:23:53

These two things are very similar, although norbuprenorphine is a metabolite of buprenorphine. Basically what you need to know is that your sister may be prescribe buprenorphine or buprenorphine and naloxone, which combined is suboxone. Good luck to your sister!

Answered: 2019-02-27 04:18:46

When buprenorphine metabolizes, it produces norbuprenorphine. Your sister will be taking buprenorphine when she gets into treatment, which could save her from addiction and I hope it goes okay.

Answered: 2019-02-27 11:57:33

Buprenorphine is bad for your body.

We want to listen to your answers