Login as a User

what milligrams does suboxone come in

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Suboxone
  4. >
  5. what milligrams does suboxone come in

Asked: 2019-09-07 10:27:23

My wife is about to begin suboxone treatment, as she's been abusing heroin and I had no idea about it. I'm devastated and scared for her. I'm wondering how many milligrams of suboxone she will be taking a day. What are the typical dosages for suboxone?

Answered: 2019-09-08 19:42:32

Suboxone dosages can vary depending on the patient. Some patients may be prescribed 2mg buprenorphine and 0.5mg naloxone, while others may have a dose of up to 8mg buprenorphine and 2mg naloxone. Doctors will prescribe this medication according to the patient and the specific case.

Answered: 2019-09-09 07:48:49

I think suboxone is bad.

Answered: 2019-09-07 20:48:13

There is no way to know without talking to your wife's doctor. He or she will have the best idea of what your wife needs and what treatment/dosage will be best for her moving forward.

Answered: 2019-09-08 08:39:29

Suboxone dosages may range from 2mg buprenorphine/0.5mg naloxone to 8mg buprenorphine/0.5mg naloxone. It depends on the patient and what their doctor thinks will work best for them. Your wife's doctor will be able to tell you more about what to expect moving forward.

Answered: 2019-09-07 17:24:40

I'm sorry to hear about your wife. What a difficult thing for the two of you to be going through. Hopefully with your love and support she can make a full recovery. When I was on suboxone I was prescribed 8mg buprenorphine/2mg naloxone. This may vary from your wife's dosage though, but I think you can generally expect somewhere between 2mg-8mg.

Answered: 2021-11-13 14:24:15

After major lower Back Spinal Fusion years ago, I had taken Morphine for years. Yes, I was addicted but I only took it as prescribed. Then this "Opioids are bad" thing came out, and then the VA sent me to a new Doctor for pain and he decided to take me off Morphine and put me on Suboxone. He say it would control my withdraws off Morphine, and it did, plus he said after being on it a while it is good for chronic pain, which it kinda does. Then after being on it for 5 years I wanted to stop taking it, but nooooooo, I had to work my way off of it just like an option. When I got down to breaking a 2mg in half to take 1mg a day, my Doctor said start taking one every other day, and I tried that. I'm here to tell you I had the EXACT SAME withdraw symptoms coming off Suboxone as I did when I tried to go off the Morphine. It did get me off the Morphine, but now I have to take Suboxone or go through withdrawal. So if it controls her withdraws, it's better than being on Heroine. They say start with low dose, if she is having withdraws, give her a higher dose till the withdraws stop. Good luck

We want to listen to your answers