Login as a User

when was buprenorphine approved by the fda

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Suboxone
  4. >
  5. when was buprenorphine approved by the fda

Asked: 2019-03-15 16:08:56

Doctors have recommended that my husband starts taking buprenorphine as he's been addicted to painkillers for three years. I want to know more about this buprenorphine and when it was approved by the FDA. Does anyone have any idea when that happened?

Answered: 2019-03-16 10:42:39

How could the FDA have ever approved buprenorphine? I think it's really bad.

Answered: 2019-03-16 04:51:40

I'm sorry to hear about your husband's addiction. I lost the love of my life to an overdose on pain pills two years ago and I'll never get over it. I wish he would have been able to complete suboxone treatment. I think buprenorphine and buprenorphine/naloxone have been fully approved and used since 2002, so hopefully that gives you some sense of comfort and confidence in this treatment plan. If only my husband could have done it too.

Answered: 2019-03-16 15:18:42

I heard it was the early 2000s and buprenorphine has been used ever since to combat opioid addiction and help people get clean. Maybe it will work for your husband, that would be amazing.

Answered: 2019-03-17 00:11:36

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration approved the use of buprenorphine to manage opioid dependence in 2002. I'm sure your husband's doctor would be happy to answer further questions about buprenorphine so that you and him can feel prepared for this journey.

Answered: 2019-03-16 02:43:58

Buprenorphine has been used to treat withdrawal symptoms in opioid addicts for the past two decades, I know that much. This treatment plan has a pretty good reputation I think so that should ease your mind.

We want to listen to your answers