Login as a User

which medication is used to treat opiate induced respiratory depression

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Suboxone
  4. >
  5. which medication is used to treat opiate induced respiratory depression

Asked: 2019-10-29 02:14:50

I'm worried that my son may experience opiate induced respiratory depression. What medication should he be on?

Answered: 2019-10-29 16:06:29

My daughter almost died from opiate induced respiratory depression. I didn't even know what that was until it happened. Naloxone saved her life and it could save your son's too.

Answered: 2019-10-30 19:08:38

Naloxone is used to treat opiate induced respiratory depression. If you have concerns about your son, I highly recommend you speak to a medical professional such as a trusted doctor about the situation and your possible options. Best of luck with your son and his recovery.

Answered: 2019-10-29 20:26:58

What's the point of putting him on more medication? He's already addicted to opiates, can't see how it could get much worse.

Answered: 2019-10-29 09:29:02

My son died from opiate induced respiratory depression. Even though I know it's not my fault, I don't know if I'll ever forgive myself for not being more prepared or knowing more about the options. Naloxone is the medication you want to learn more about and hopefully have it ready to go for your son. I hope you don't have to go through the same pain I did - I wouldn't wish this on anyone.

Answered: 2019-10-30 14:26:54

Naloxone is the medication used to treat opiate induced respiratory depression, and your family doctor could tell you more. I hope that you can support your son throughout his recovery, as addiction is no easy task.

We want to listen to your answers