Login as a User

why is naloxone added to buprenorphine

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Suboxone
  4. >
  5. why is naloxone added to buprenorphine

Asked: 2019-04-16 03:29:46

I get what buprenorphine is and what it's used for. I've also heard of naloxone and that it is usually used in the form of narcan to help reverse overdoses. With this said, why is it added to buprenorphine… people using this stuff clearly aren't overdosing

Answered: 2019-04-16 06:50:11

it's added to help block the receptors in your brain that interact with opiates. This basically means that you can't get high from opiates and is included to help prevent relapse. It is mainly a deterrent to discourage people from trying to get high while receiving treatment for opiate addiction.

Answered: 2019-04-16 12:16:04

naloxone doesn't really have a purpose. It just makes the drug more expensive. #bigpharma

Answered: 2019-04-17 14:05:36

I've heard it makes you really sick if you take an opiate while you're using anything with naloxone. Not sure, haven't tried it, but I also am trying to get clean.

Answered: 2019-04-16 08:18:12

naloxone is added to prevent misuse. It makes you unable to feel the high of opiates which will typically discourage users from trying. Unfortunately, some people see it as a challenge and try to take enough opiates to 'override' it. This can be dangerous.

Answered: 2019-04-17 01:42:34

naloxone blocks the receptors in the brain that make you feel euphoric when taking opiates. This is also why it is used to reverse an opiate overdose.

We want to listen to your answers