Login as a User

why put medicine under tongue

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Suboxone
  4. >
  5. why put medicine under tongue

Asked: 2019-04-23 11:16:34

Apparently I need to take suboxone to deal with my opioid addiction. I'm really not interested, especially after the doctor said I have to put the suboxone under my tongue. Why is this necessary, and is there any way around it? My doctor wouldn't seem to budge but I hate things near my tongue.

Answered: 2019-04-24 09:43:57

If your doctor recommends suboxone strips that need to be placed under the tongue, then that's what you need to do. Suboxone is a trusted medication that can help you overcome opioid withdrawal symptoms, but you need to take it as prescribed. By placing suboxone under your tongue, the medicine will enter your bloodstream and begin working faster, which is what you need when battling addiction. Please take this seriously and try your hardest - you will be better off for it.

Answered: 2019-04-25 07:27:04

I was addicted to prescription painkillers for five years and I was really skeptical when my doctors introduced me to suboxone. However it really worked for me and although it was uncomfortable under my tongue at first, that didn't last long. I hope you can have as much success with suboxone treatment as I did.

Answered: 2019-04-24 10:53:06

I was adamant that I wasn't going to put suboxone under my tongue either, but I got over it really quick when my withdrawal symptoms were getting bad. I'm sure you'll soon see why suboxone is so important and why this medication has helped a lot of other people like us recovery. Just give it a try, that's the least you can do.

Answered: 2019-04-24 09:57:18

My husband is going through the same thing you are, and there's no way around it. This is tough and it's not fun, but neither is dying of an opioid overdose when you still have so much of your life ahead of you. You need to listen to your doctor and take suboxone as prescribed, and hopefully it will get better soon.

Answered: 2019-04-24 11:34:51

Don't even bother with suboxone, no medicine that you have to put under your tongue is worth it in my book.

We want to listen to your answers