Login as a User

will ritalin help with opiate withdrawals

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Suboxone
  4. >
  5. will ritalin help with opiate withdrawals

Asked: 2019-06-21 17:44:50

I am an opiate user looking to start a new life. I don’t want to go to a rehab facility but the withdrawal symptons scare me. Can I use ritalin to help? Timothy Simmons

Answered: 2019-06-22 07:06:16

A part of withdrawal is anxiety. Ritalin is used to help kids and adults not jump off the walls all the time. I think that ritalin is something a doctor prescribes, so I would ask a doctor or someone who knows more about this than a forum group.

Answered: 2019-06-22 18:11:47

Withdrawal is scary. A person has taken a drug to not feel the pain of their situation. To stop means to feel the pain. Ritalin may be helping you to stay calm and ease anxieties. This could help your mom but I would not suggest giving it to her yourself. Continue talking to her about other options that can help her kick the addiction.

Answered: 2019-06-22 23:53:06

Since I am not an expert on this subject, I would have to say I don’t know about ritalin. The only answer I have is talk to a doctor.

Answered: 2019-06-21 22:48:08

Under a doctor's supervision it is safe to take ritalin long term. There are some effects that can happen from long term use. These effects are not as dangerous as the long term effects of using opioids. You can overdose on ritalin just like any other drug.

Answered: 2019-06-23 06:34:09

Ritalin is an FDA approved drug used to treat ADHD in children and adults. It contains the drug methylphenidate and is considered a Schedule II controlled substance. This means that there is a medicinal use but a higher risk of addiction. The drug works to suppress the nervous system and help keep you calm. Though this may sound appealing during the time of a withdrawal, it should not be used to treat opioid withdrawals. If you are going through withdrawal, contact a doctor to be sure you are doing this safely.

We want to listen to your answers