Login as a User

will suboxone affect anesthesia

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Suboxone
  4. >
  5. will suboxone affect anesthesia

Asked: 2019-06-19 20:52:37

My doctor has told me I need surgery to repair torn tendons in my knee. I am currently taking suboxone. Should I stop taking this or will it be okay along with anesthesia? Crystal Nottingham

Answered: 2019-06-21 16:46:16

Using suboxone as an addiction treatment is wonderful. The concern associated with anesthesia is that it could make it less effective. There are several ways to combat this and I would talk to your doctor and choose the best one for you.

Answered: 2019-06-21 03:45:54

This is a question for the dentist! You may have to stop or you may not.

Answered: 2019-06-20 00:53:46

Before you stop taking any medication, especially suboxone, you need to talk to your doctor. Suboxone can have some effect on anaesthesia, but only your doctor and surgeon will know the answer.

Answered: 2019-06-20 18:38:04

His doctor should be concerned about him stopping the drug as it could lead to a relapse. To find out if this is necessary, you should talk to the surgeon.

Answered: 2019-06-20 02:54:00

Suboxone is a drug approved to treat opioid addiction. This drug contains a combination of buprenorphine and naloxone. It is considered a narcotic and should only be used under a doctor's care. The drug combination blocks the effects of an opiod in the body. It could impair anesthesia because of the blocking property of the naloxone.

We want to listen to your answers