Login as a User

will suboxone hurt a dog

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Suboxone
  4. >
  5. will suboxone hurt a dog

Asked: 2019-11-08 23:03:35

I recently got a puppy that is into everything. She decided to be extra nosy when I was taking my medication and decided to eat one of my suboxone tablets. Is this going to hurt her?

Answered: 2019-11-10 08:32:57

I am so sorry your puppy ate your tablet. Since we don’t know what kind she is or her age, it is hard to say whether it will hurt her or not. I guess it depends on what the dosage was. You may want to call the vet.

Answered: 2019-11-09 15:26:37

Suboxone is a combination of an opioid and naxolone. The amount of the dosage could determine how it effects her. She may start to look lethargic and lose control of her movements. Luckily, the Naxolone will block receptors in her body so that she does not feel the full effects. I would monitor her breathing and most likely call a vet for further advice.

Answered: 2019-11-10 10:09:20

There are a lot of forums out there with this same question. I found that it is common for dogs who have ingested suboxone to lose some control over their movements. They may whimper or cry due to anxiety. I would keep an eye on her and comfort her as best you can. Definitley call the vet for assistance as well.

Answered: 2019-11-09 16:43:23

Why would you take your medications near a puppy? Enough said.

Answered: 2020-07-19 19:01:58

Hey Tonya how about you stop be over judgmental bitch, like the guy meant to give his dog the suboxone? Puppies get into everything it’s called an accident so calm your tits

Answered: 2019-11-09 07:04:40

Your puppy will most likely feel some effect of the opiod but the other drug in suboxone will block the full effect. I have to agree with all the other responses and call a vet.

Answered: 2020-07-26 15:20:37

Yea I have about a year old chawawa thats just ate a 8 milg tablet .. She weighs about 6 or ? Pounds any advice? .. She jumped up knocked my bottle off the dresser an dumped them out an ate one I had no idea she could even jump that high any advice I get paid mouthly I dont have the money to take her to the vet

Answered: 2020-10-14 22:59:22

Hey To Ya why you trying to overlook the obvious stupidity of the person asking the question. Dumb ass And next time don't be a coward and hide your name.

Answered: 2020-11-23 18:27:39

I think you may have killed your puppy...I take this medicine and I would of done all I could to get her to throw it up...but you are being extremely irresponsible for this to happen!!!

Answered: 2021-01-08 05:47:51

All of u ppl who are running this girl in the ground for her puppy getting a hold of one of her pills, is it super hard for y’all to be so damn perfect? I mean u’ve nvr made a mistake in ur whole life huh? Really stfu! Accidents happen. No one does that shit on purpose. Get off her ass! I’m sure she’s kicking herself in the ass wo u most perfect ppl who’ve nvr ever made a mistake ever in ur life making her feel worse.

Answered: 2021-01-15 09:37:59

Ie she alright did she make it? Generally any dogs to ingest Chemicals would start to gag I would take her outside and let her throw it up and eat some grass Give her some bread To soak it up I believe her plenty of water I let her throw up as much as she needs to if you cannot take her to the vet Even though the naloxone Does counteract The effects it doesn't counteract the toxicity as much if the dog is so tiny The best bet would be to have her throw it up and sleep it off And the bread to absorb so it doesn't reach her all at once bloodstream Can I get her over excited so the blood doesn't pump Too quickly and doesn't distribute the toxicity to quickly Keep her calm As much as you can And tempt her with Foods Mix it with water Suited up to get some Aroma to make it more Tempting even if she cant keep it down at least she will throw more up. .take her outside To throw up . Get air. Access tp grass. They will usually eat grass if they having ingestion or constipation issues. If shes strugglig you can throw the finger down the throat method if thwy arent aggressive or twnd to bite. And ONLY IF she has eaten in the last couple of hours. If your dog hasnt then try mixing their dry food with hot water or microwave it so it absorbs the water and warmed up food has more of a smell making it more appetizing. The goal is to get food in them or to throw it up. Both are helpful in dilution of toxicity. This may get messy so maybe do it outside. Keep them as calm as possible and allow them to sleep it off. But check on them from time to time so they dont slip into coma or die in their sleep. If you dont have money for vet- its up to you since if they dont wake up but still breathing but its very shallow and low pulse rate - but their unresponsive. is emergency situation and should be rushed to vet ER open 24/7. They will help them first and you can pay the bill back on payment plans. They will not refuse to help based on financial situation if its an emergency. Im speakin based on my own experiences and not based off google or formal training. I also take suboxone and my dog stepped on my hair basically straddling my face- while lickin me profusely. I tried not to laugh but after about 2 minutes i failed. Some fluids containing suboxone leaked iut and she quickly lapped it up while i struggled to push her off shes 70pds tho and after 5 minutes she started to gag... long story short shes alright and basically just slept it off ..on top of me haha. Thats what i get tho. And at least i can make sure shes breathin and has strong pulse. And her airways arent obstructed. Sometimes the lethargy can make them suffocate themselves if they are in coma like states and too Cathartic. Pss. Accidents happen. As humans we learn from our mistakes. Shit happens so worse shit can be prevented. Like you learned with your puppy so you can know for the future with smaller pups .. kittens. Or babies even.. And those of you out their who waste your time commenting with negatively. Why not use your time more constructively and shit that matters to you or make an actual difference in the world.. karma. You get back what you put in. If you hate on others . Others will hate on you. Dont bitch when you find yourself getting attacked for asking for help. Its brave to ask for help you did the right thing dont let anyone else tell you otherwise. Remember its ok to ask for help and its IS THE RESPONSIBLE THING. Goodluck to anyone out there and has to go th ru this. Its scary AF and just remember if its an emergency you can always take them to emergency animal ER. Payment can be worked out. Their lives matter more then couple hundred dollars that you can pay back. Even 50 bucks a month plans. Take care and stay safe.

Answered: 2021-03-26 12:54:02

My dog ate a 8 mg tab she is 70 lbs she just got really tired slept almost all day only awake when I would make her get up and go out to get fresh air and to get her metabolism going to try to burn the medication off a little. You really can't make the dog throw it back up because it absorbs so quickly into the blood stream. But giving them food and water is a good idea even if they do throw it up. Mine did not get sick like I said she just slept really well almost all day. The next day she was back to normal.

Answered: 2021-06-07 02:59:10

It’s funny to me that the ones on here running their mouth acting all perfect, fail to realize the biggest thing of all ... THEIR DRUG ADDICTS.... Hints to why they take or know about the medication, and are obviously not very far along in their recovery or Else that be a little more sympathetic and willing to help another fellow addict rather than keep beating them down.. Enough said

Answered: 2021-06-21 06:28:57

Thank you for asking this question. I have been on Suboxone for about a year, split them in half and put on each side under my tongue. One half of mine just recently fell on the floor and I couldn't find it anywhere. Came to understand that mya 70 pound pup found it. Accidents HAPPEN. No one should judge another when these things happen. That is the reason these things fall under the word, ACCIDENT. I felt terrible enough beating myself up all day while I couldn't find the other half. I found her beginning to wobble a little, and sleep. Thank God someone else posted this question! I hoped & prayed that she could ride it out and just rest. That's what we did, just cuddled, loved on, prayed and slept. All a vet would do is put her on IV fluid to help her pass it faster and charge me 800 bucks to do that.

Answered: 2021-12-04 04:22:54

Are all your people stupid that are telling this person they are stupid for not making the puppy throw it up. Suboxone dissolves immediately once it hits moisture. There won’t be anything to throw up because the pill will have dissolved in the dogs mouth and while it went down the oesophagus it dissolves in seconds

Answered: 2021-12-16 16:26:28

Hey you guys are all wrong. When taken orally, naloxone is essentially inactive. The naloxone is only present in suboxone to prevent people from injecting it. If my dog ate a full suboxone I wouldn’t be chatting in some forum, i’d be on my way to a dog hospital. Suboxone is an extremely potent opioid.

Answered: 2021-12-27 22:37:43

Like steve said, the Naloxone only has an effect if it injected. As far as whether the Buprenorphine can hurt your dog, it is going to depend on the dosage. I wouldn't worry too much about a small dosage (under ~2mg), especially if it is a larger dog. Just keep an eye on them and if they start to have trouble breathing or show other worrying symptoms, contact a vet to get their opinion.

We want to listen to your answers