Login as a User

will suboxone interfere with anesthesia

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Suboxone
  4. >
  5. will suboxone interfere with anesthesia

Asked: 2019-02-01 14:33:20

I am having rotator cuff surgery in a couple weeks. Of course I am nervous and excited to get rid of this pain. As of now I am using suboxone under a doctor's care. I have dealt with an opioid addiction for years and have come a long way. My concern is about the use of suboxone and how it will effect the anesthesia?

Answered: 2019-02-02 01:24:29

Your doctor should give you specific instructions to follow before surgery. Make sure you are being upfront about your use of suboxone.

Answered: 2019-02-02 03:15:46

Congratulations on your steps to recovery. Since you are under a doctor's care already, I think they would be able to tell you a definite answer. They can also give you the instructions to follow for pre and post surgery protocol.

Answered: 2019-02-02 16:45:21

Suboxone can interfere with anasthesia due to the naxolone, aka Narcan. This means that it could be harder for the anasthesia to take effect because Narcan blocks the receptors.

Answered: 2019-02-03 11:28:53

The best advice I can give you is to talk with your doctor. Suboxone can interefere with anasthesia and cause issues with pain management post -surgery. I would also suggest reading this article, https://www.practicalpainmanagement.com/resource-centers/opioid-monitoring-2nd-ed/buprenorphine-surgery-what-protocol. It explains, in depth, what you are looking to learn.

Answered: 2019-02-02 04:54:19

Talk to your doctor. The people here are not going to be able to give you the correct answer your looking for.

We want to listen to your answers