Login as a User

will subutex block methadone

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Suboxone
  4. >
  5. will subutex block methadone

Asked: 2019-11-18 02:05:06

My son has been using methadone to get off drugs. His doctor has talked to him about the drug subutex. Can he use these drugs together? Kathy Miller

Answered: 2019-11-19 15:01:59

Subutex is a drug used to help with withdrawals. I would not suggest that he use them together. If he is having success with methadone, then I would leave well enough alone.

Answered: 2019-11-18 05:38:25

Subutex is a medication that is approved to help with opioid withdrawals. The combination used to make this drug is useful in easing pain and anxiety while blocking the opioid from being distributed to the body. Because of this drug makeup and the ingredients in Methadone, they should not be used together. A great study on this very question can be found at the followingl ink. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK143177/

Answered: 2019-11-19 19:17:00

His doctor may have talked to him about this drug but if he is already on methadone, I would not add this drug. If the methadone is not working as well, then he could switch medications with the assistance of his doctor.

Answered: 2019-11-18 07:32:58

The purpose of using methadone for opioid addiction is to help addicts withdraw and continue to get clean. If a person adds subutex to the regimine, they are setting themselves up to have some unwanted side effects.

Answered: 2019-11-18 18:12:50

I find it riduculous that his doctor has put him on methadone and now wants to change medications. You may want a new doctor.

We want to listen to your answers