Login as a User

does caffeine interact with suboxone

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Suboxone
  4. >
  5. does caffeine interact with suboxone

Asked: 2019-05-09 23:14:02

It breaks my heart to say this but my mom has a drug problem. I think she became hooked once she had hip surgery. We are trying to get her the help she needs, and her doctor suggested suboxone treatment. What I'm worried about is that she also loves her coffee and seems to really need caffeine. Will her coffee habit have an impact on her addiction recovery if she's prescribed suboxone?

Answered: 2019-05-10 23:05:59

I don't think you or your mom should be too worried about her coffee intake. If she's noticing side effects or uncomfortable symptoms during the withdrawal process, her doctor can help her. Maybe she will need a different dosage or maybe then she will need to cut back on the coffee. Hope it all goes well - hang in there!

Answered: 2019-05-11 14:36:37

It sounds like your mom has some unhealthy addictions she's trying to work through. It would be ideal if she could cut back on her coffee consumption as she's withdrawing from opiates, especially if she will be taking suboxone. But I don't think a coffee here or there will hurt her too much. Best of luck to her and your family during this journey to recovery.

Answered: 2019-05-10 17:15:12

Your mom shouldn't be taking prescription drugs she doesn't need or drinking too much caffeine. All of that's so bad for her.

Answered: 2019-05-11 22:36:34

I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. That's a tough spot to be in, there's no doubt about that. I would consult her doctor and ask about the caffeine. I think it's a good idea to keep caffeine intake to a minimum when you're on suboxone. This will be a hard enough time for her without the possible side effects of caffeine.

Answered: 2019-05-10 15:11:11

It's a general rule of thumb to try and avoid caffeine as much as possible during recovery from drug addiction. That being said, you can trust your mom's medical team to give her the best advice about how much she would have to cut back on her caffeine consumption. It's possible that she could still have a bit of coffee, but her doctors can help her determine the best plan of action moving forward.

We want to listen to your answers