Login as a User

how long after opiates can you take suboxone

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Suboxone
  4. >
  5. how long after opiates can you take suboxone

Asked: 2019-03-19 08:32:22

I've been hooked on heroin for six months and I know it's so bad for me. I want to try and get clean but everytime I stop the withdrawal symptoms are so bad. A friend of mine got sober sing suboxone but I don't know if I can make it that long waiting for the medication to kick in. How long after I have heroin can I take suboxone?

Answered: 2019-03-20 17:42:05

Whatever you do, don't take your suboxone too early. You really need to listen to your doctor and their advice, as they need to closely monitor your suboxone intake and when you're taking it. I think they will tell you to wait at least a day since you last had heroin, but I can't be positive.

Answered: 2019-03-19 09:57:19

I feel your struggle as I was in your shoes not long ago. I was so scared about how long it could take for the suboxone to kick in and I was worried the withdrawals would get too bad. I had to wait at least a day until my withdrawal symptoms were at least mild before the doctors started me on suboxone, but once they did it helped so much. I hope you can experience the same!

Answered: 2019-03-21 03:33:32

Yikes, you're in a tough spot. I hope you can remain strong and make the most of your opportunity to get clean and have a better life. You really shouldn't take suboxone while you're still high. Instead you need to wait at least 12-24 hours for the withdrawal symptoms to kick in. Once you're in mild to moderate withdrawal, it's safe for you to have suboxone so long as your doctor says so. You shouldn't be trying to quit cold turkey on your own without the help of a medical professional.

Answered: 2019-03-21 08:12:41

Gosh, this doesn't sound good. You need to wait a day I would say before you can have suboxone, but double check with your doctor. They will have the finaly say anyway as they will be prescribing your doses and closely monitoring you while you're on suboxone.

Answered: 2019-03-19 21:41:52

I think suboxone is super addictive and you clearly have an addictive personality, so I wouldn't go near the stuff if I were you.

We want to listen to your answers