Login as a User

is suboxone bad for the kidneys

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Suboxone
  4. >
  5. is suboxone bad for the kidneys

Asked: 2019-05-08 01:18:40

I have a family history of kidney failure and I've been on suboxone for six months. I'm worried about this drug causing damage to my kidneys - is this something that can happen?

Answered: 2019-05-09 15:40:57

My uncle was on suboxone for a year and he died of kidney damage, but I think this was due to his years of drug abuse and not necesscarily the suboxone. Just stick to the doctor's recommendations and follow their instructions for the proper dosage. These dosages are set for a reason and as long as you stick to them, you should be relatively safe from significant side effects.

Answered: 2019-05-08 02:59:45

I have heard of a link between suboxone and kidney damage, but only in cases where a person is severely abusing suboxone and taking way more of it then they are supposed to. Just listen to your doctor's guidelines and you should be alright.

Answered: 2019-05-08 02:21:46

Your kidneys are in trouble whenever you take medication. Suboxone is super dangerous and it's not smart of you to take it.

Answered: 2019-05-08 05:21:15

Sustained drug and alcohol abuse can have a negative impact on your kidneys and many other organs in your body. That's why you need to take suboxone under the watchful guidance of a certified doctor who can monitor your usage. If you follow the prescribed doses and directions carefully, your risk of abuse and side effects such as kidney damage is relatively low. As always, consulting a medical professional is in your best interests.

Answered: 2019-05-08 22:27:18

Suboxone taken in a controlled environment under the guidance of your doctor is unlikely to cause damage to your liver. If you were to start abusing suboxone and taking way more of it then you're supposed to, then you would be at increased risk of dmaging your kidneys.

Answered: 2021-08-21 01:32:07

The person who wrote this: "Your kidneys are in trouble whenever you take medication. Suboxone is super dangerous and it's not smart of you to take it," doesn't understand how Suboxone is used when she said it is not smart of the patient to take it. Is she a doctor? A scientist?

We want to listen to your answers