Login as a User

what is the buccal route of medication administration

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Suboxone
  4. >
  5. what is the buccal route of medication administration

Asked: 2019-10-13 05:28:32

I'm exploring options for opioid addiction treatment for my daughter. I heard a doctor mention buccal route and I'm so confused. Does anyone know what that is?

Answered: 2019-10-14 07:04:54

Don't worry, I was super confused when I heard about buccal route too. As it turns out, this is just a fancy way to explain the process of putting medication inside the cheek, where it can then be absorbed into the bloodstream quite quickly.

Answered: 2019-10-14 21:08:05

Why worry about it? Buccal route or regular route isn't going to make any difference, once an addict always an addict.

Answered: 2019-10-14 16:11:27

I'm sorry to hear that your daughter is struggling with addiction, but I'm glad you're trying to get her the help she needs. Buccal route refers to putting medicine inside the cheek, as the medication can be absorbed through the mouth tissues directly into the bloodstream.

Answered: 2019-10-14 07:49:50

Buccal route is a reference to placing medication within the cheek for direct absorption through the mouth tissues into the bloodstream. This method of medication administration is used with suboxone, a solution for opioid withdrawal symptoms.

Answered: 2019-10-14 04:28:12

The buccal route involves setting medication inside the mouth, in the cheek, for quick absorption into the bloodstream. Opioid withdrawal maintenance medications may be administered in this manner.

We want to listen to your answers