Login as a User

will subutex block opiates

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Suboxone
  4. >
  5. will subutex block opiates

Asked: 2019-11-05 17:17:16

There are several drugs on the market that say they will help reduce withdrawal symptons and block opiates from entering the system. I don’t know much about subutex, but my child's doctor has mentioned it.Since my child is struggling to kick an opiate addiction,will this drug block opiates?

Answered: 2019-11-06 00:35:14

Let the doctor do the explaining and you just be your child's support.

Answered: 2019-11-06 21:43:44

Subutex was developed after the development and approval of methadone. It is comprised of a drug with a long name that basically helps reduce withdrawal symptons. It does not block opiates though.

Answered: 2019-11-06 14:19:07

As others have already said, subutex will not block opiates. That does not mean that it cannot still be effective in your child's recovery. I would suggest talking to the counselors and doctors that are helping him.

Answered: 2019-11-06 00:43:56

Your child is on the right path if they are receiving care through a rehab program. Subutex will help ease their withdrawal symtpons, but will not block opiates.

Answered: 2019-11-05 22:56:10

Subutex does not block opiates and is a schedule III drug. This means that a likelihood of becoming addicted to it is increased. There is some excellent information at the following site. https://americanaddictioncenters.org/suboxone/subutex-suboxone

We want to listen to your answers